Posted on March 23, 2021
BOSTON --- A panel discussion on the benefits of municipalities joining together to track and administer affordable housing will be held on Wed., April 14 from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
Sponsored by MHP, the event is being held to discuss regional coordination like the Reading-based, five-community Metro North Regional Housing Services and MetroWest's Regional Housing Services Office, a 10-year-old organization that assists seven towns with affordable housing monitoring, administration, project development and resident assistance.
"Housing administration requires technical expertise but most municipalities don't need or can't afford this type of position full time," said Katy Lacy, senior planner at MHP. "We will discuss the benefits and efficiencies of coordinating these activities regionally."
The panel will consist of leaders from regional non-profit development and housing service organizations, including:
- Laurie Stanton, MetroNorth Regional Housing Services Office
- Jennifer Van Campen, MetroWest Collaborative Development
- Gina Govoni, Franklin County Regional Housing & Redevelopment Authority
- Jay Coburn, Community Development Partnership (CDP)
- Elizabeth Rust, Regional Housing Services Office
The event is free and is geared toward municipal volunteers, municipal staff, local officials, nonprofits, and developers from across the Commonwealth.