Posted on January 25, 2018
BOSTON --- In its ongoing effort to provide more opportunity for low- and moderate-income first-time home buyers, MHP’s ONE Mortgage Program has added five new lenders, raising its total of participating lenders to 42 across the Commonwealth.
New lenders offering ONE Mortgage include:
- Belmont Savings Bank – Serving Greater Boston with its main headquarters in Belmont and branches in Belmont, Cambridge, Newton, Waltham and Watertown.
- Century Bank – Serving Greater Boston with bank locations throughout the Greater Boston area.
- Mutual Bank – Serving Southeastern Mass. with nine locations in Brockton (2), Carver, East Bridgewater, Halifax, Hanson, Middleboro, Plymouth, and Whitman (2).
- One United Bank – Serving Greater Boston. America’s largest black-owned bank. Massachusetts location at 648 Warren St., Dorchester (Grove Hall).
- Riverworks Credit Union – Based in Lynn, Riverworks CU was originally organized in 1936 for General Electric workers.
MHP added these banks in the last half of 2017. To see all lenders who offer ONE Mortgage and contact information for specific lending personnel who understand the program, go to our Find a Lender page.
MHP’s ONE Mortgage Program is the state’s most affordable mortgage program. Created in 1990, it has helped over 20,000 low- and moderate-income families buy their first home. The average household income of a ONE Mortgage home buyer is $60,000. Key features include a down payment as little as three percent, low fixed-interest rate, no Private Mortgage Insurance, and financial assistance for eligible buyers.
ONE Mortgage recently redesigned its online calculator. The new version is easier to use, offers more information and works well on a desktop, tablet or phone. Check out the ONE Mortgage calculator.