WELCOME FIRST-TIME HOMEBUYERS: City of Boston teams up with MHP to offer ONE+Boston MORE
August 12, 2020
The Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) is a non-profit, quasi-public organization and a leader in affordable housing finance. MHP works with communities, developers and borrowers to create innovative policy and financing solutions that provide affordable homes and better lives for the people of Massachusetts. At MHP, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MHP is a growing organization with a current workforce of 52 employees. The HR Director is a newly-created position that will oversee and manage Human Resources. The Director will provide strategic leadership for the organization and senior executive team in support of MHP’s mission, values and goals. All of MHP’s employees are currently working remotely.
Responsibilities: The Human Resource (HR) Director leads and guides HR operations and strategy for hiring, training, and retention of talent that will support MHP’s mission, values and goals. The Director is responsible for building the culture and employee experience, performance management and professional development, evaluating, setting, and enforcing HR policies, procedures and best practices. The Director will advise leadership on organizational design and long-range strategic talent management to build a strong effective organizational culture. The Director will foster an environment and culture of diversity, equity and inclusivity with the support of the executive team. The Director will manage day-today HR administration and assigned staff. This role is both strategic and tactical and supports all MHP employees. The HR Director will report to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) and have a direct access to the Executive Director (ED).
Required Competencies and Skills:
• Proven working experience and management of HR operations and processes including general knowledge of employment law and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and priorities, delegate and meet strict deadlines
• Solid strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to drive execution and results collaboratively
• Ability to partner and work effectively with senior leaders to integrate HR best practices and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives into MHP culture (DEI)
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and its employees, treat all with respect and compassion, and collaborate effectively with others at all levels of MHP
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and ability to quickly learn Paylocity, MHP’s HRIS and talent management system
• Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, related field or equivalent experience required; Masters a plus
• SHRM Senior Certified Professional or Certified Professional a plus
• Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in human resource management required, minimum ten (10) years professional experience
• Experience building a HR team and leading HR, supervisory experience required
• Experience leading diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and change management a plus
• HR generalist experience a plus
• Experience in a similar company or industry, quasi-public, or nonprofit organization a plus
• Experience managing a remote workforce a plus
• Bilingual, Spanish/English a plus
Salary: Commensurate with experience. MHP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, public transportation, first-time homebuyer, and other benefits. MHP offers a fully vested employer-matched retirement plan. Excellent opportunity to work with a dedicated, creative and passionate team.
To apply: Please email a cover letter (required) and resume to Human Resources, MHP, 160 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MHP is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present military service, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristics. MHP is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.