The Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) is a statewide public non-profit affordable housing organization that works in concert with the Governor and the state Department of Housing and Community Development to help increase the supply of affordable housing in Massachusetts. MHP focuses its efforts in three main areas: Community Assistance, Rental Development, and Homeownership – through the ONE Mortgage Program.
ONE is a mortgage loan product with a successful 28-year history that is offered by participating Massachusetts banks and credit unions. Along with its predecessor, the SoftSecond Loan Program, it has helped more than 21,000 low- and moderate-income families buy their first home. MHP administers the program, and manages a network of partner lenders and non-profit homebuyer education and counseling agencies.
As a member of the ONE Mortgage team, the Program Administrator will assist with the delivery of pre- and post-purchase homebuyer services to ensure the efficient and successful administration of the ONE Mortgage Program.
- Respond to lender and homebuyer inquiries for information and referral within 24-hours of request.
- Assist in the marketing of the ONE Mortgage Program by participating in lender trainings and homebuyer education events as needed.
- Process homeowner requests for mortgage discharges and subordinations, including collecting required documentation, coordinating counseling referrals (if applicable), calculating borrower repayment invoices, documenting recapture of subsidy and loan loss reserve funds and discharging subsidy mortgage in a timely manner.
- Assist with the coordination and management of the HomeSafe post-purchase homeownership counseling and education program by uploading monthly loan portfolio reports into our database, preparing quarterly invoices, and providing assistance to HomeSafe partner organizations.
- Resolve problems and complaints regarding the program in a courteous and timely manner.
- Compile, review, and reconcile borrower loan closing documents submitted by lenders.
- Track all missing mortgage closing documents and assist the Homeownership Team in their communication with lenders to resolve issues and finalize closing packages for funding.
- Prepare the bi-monthly loan funding report, coordinating with the Finance Team to transfer associated funds, and send notice of loan funding to lenders.
- Verify the accuracy of mortgage closing documents and inform partner lenders of any data discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date electronic files with all applicable wire documentation.
- Log and track bi-monthly MHP funding reports. File relevant funding materials into each closing package; manage the storage of completed packages and original subsidy documentation (if applicable).
- Maintain and manage paper electronic filing systems, including supervision and tracking of documents submitted to the Homeownership Team; coordinate with off-site archival service for access to files when necessary.
- Facilitate transition from paper files to electronic storage when possible.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures that allow MHP to more efficiently administer the program and/or to better serve low and moderate-income homebuyers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A demonstrated commitment to MHP’s mission.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Strong computer proficiency, including spreadsheet analysis and data management required.
- Direct experience managing time sensitive projects and effectively prioritizing duties in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent years of professional experience required.
Please send a cover letter (required) and resume to Ivette Timberlake, Human Resources Manager, 160 Federal Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02110 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.